Saturday, October 16, 2010

{more on magazine inspiration}

Here's a few more pages that I took inspiration from to create the layout below:

For the layout, I used the page on the left, then I created a heart filled with buttons, brads and pearls like the layout on the right.

The chipboard heart frame is by Heidi Swapp; I painted it with an olive green acrylic paint dauber, then backed it with a piece of kraft cardstock. Then I arranged my buttons and such inside the best I could to fill the space.

I printed off computer journaling onto light yellow patterned paper then cut it into strips. The patterned paper is by American Crafts, as are the thickers. The white lace paper is KI Memories, I believe? It's been sitting in my stash for so long I'm not sure anymore :)

Here's a layout I did all by myself, no magazines involved! lol ;) Keira is just about obsessed with Sesame Street, and that was also the theme at her first birthday party. She got this coloring book as a gift and even though she can't really color yet.....she has fun trying and looking through it.

I actually took a page from the coloring book and colored it for the layout. Now if you're concerned about everything on your pages being archivally safe, you wouldn't want to do this. I know the page will yellow and age with time, but I highly doubt it's going to disintegrate and fall of the page before Keira grows up. Heck I have boxes of pages that I colored from when I was a kid and they're still intact :)

I used some Jenni Bowlin banner stickers, as well as a journaling card and some October Afternoon stickers as well.

I thought it would be fun to use an actual crayon on the layout, so I took one out of the box and adhered it to the page with some Scor-Tape. This stuff will stick anything on a page and it won't go anywhere. It's what I use to adhere buttons too if I don't sew them on. (this tape is also similar to the red sticky tape that you can get from Stampin' Up or at Hobby Lobby/Michaels).

Hope you have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for some Halloween goodness ;)

No comments: