Wednesday, October 13, 2010

{scrapping your blog posts}

Sometimes I write blog posts with the intention of scrapping them later, like I did with this post. Seems like an everyday thing, but I wanted to remember it. (Especially the part where Keira yells "pop! pop! pop!"). lol ;)

I'm sure you've heard of the Sketchabilities Blog? It's a great starting point for a scrapbook page if you want some inspiration. I decided to play along with the latest sketch and scrap about our day.


Instead of using two photos, I created a photo collage by starting with a piece of cardstock, adhering my photos, and trimming the edges. I'm really not into Photoshop. I have it but it is VERY cumbersome for me and much easier to create collages with paper and adhesive :)

I adhered my ribbon to the page first, and then stitched over it with my machine. The brad is from one of the new My Mind's Eye collections.

Instead of using flowers, I decided to go with some punched butterflies. It's a great way to use up all those little scraps of paper you have lying around. I love the vellum look too with the gems in the center. Inspired by these Jenni Bowlin butterflies, but much cheaper to make your own!

I paraphrased the journaling a little from my post, just because I wanted it to fit in the space here.

Thanks for looking and if you decide to play along with the sketch too, you can link yours to the end of this post over at the Sketchabilities blog.

Back to work for me tomorrow as long as my doctor clears me, so until next time I'm working on something spooky.

:)

1 comment:

Yara said...

Wow!!! I am speechless! You rocked the sketch! Love that you did multi-photos and all the embellishments! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!