Sunday, November 7, 2010

{december daily!}

When I heard Ali Edwards talking about her December Daily on the Paperclipping Roundtable, the thought entered my mind that maybe I should do one this year. I pushed it aside for awhile, but this weekend I started in on it. Thanksgiving isn't much in the way of scrapbooking (besides a few decorations I want to make), so I am ready to be done with Halloween for awhile and move on to Christmas!

Basically I am following Ali's lead on the 6" x 8" album that's bound with jump rings. You can see that post on her blog HERE. I also purchased these 6x8 printables for my album.  I have to say, the pages I've done so far are coming together rather quickly....just working since Saturday and I'm already up to number 16! I love the idea of completing the album ahead of time, then all you have to worry about is writing in it and filling it with pictures!

Here is my cover.

I cut a piece of thin chipboard 6" x 8" and used Mono Aqua liquid glue to attach my patterned paper (October Afternoon). I embellished a Maya Road envelope and glued that on, but not before edging the kraft with some white ink. Love that look.

Adam's grandma crochets these snowflakes, and they are so pretty I decided to include one on the cover. I also sprayed a Heidi Swapp chipboard heart with Chalk Glimmer Mist and glittered it up.

Silver letters are by Making Memories, the red scripted letters are ones that I have had in my stash for.ev.er - they are from the Basic Grey June Bug line.

On the inside of the front cover I decided to use the Christmas story from the book of Luke. Because I never want that to get lost in the hustle and bustle and gift buying of the holiday season. "1" page is white cardstock with gold glittered polka dots, stitched on a piece of corrugated cardboard and embellished with a Thicker and some pinking shears.

"2" is mounted on a Hambly transparency, and the number card is from Elle's Studio Vintage Mix and Match numbers. I stitched across it for added strength; I don't want this thing to fall apart. :)

"3" is a sheet of Stampin' Up heavy kraft cardstock (retired and no longer available) that I stitched around the edges with red thread. Three card is by Sassafrass Lass, snowflake punch by Martha Stewart.

"4" is  mounted on October Afternoon patterned paper, with a strip of The Girls Paperie Tinsel and Twig stitched on top. "noel" stamp by SU, tag by Elle's studio.

"5" is mounted on a piece of navy polka dotted vellum - SU (retired and no longer available), Tag by Elle's and stamp from Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for looking tonight; I have a lot more pages to share but am hitting the sack as tomorrow is Monday. Hope you have a great week!

No comments: