Friday, November 5, 2010

{recipes to try}

For our Halloween party last weekend, I wanted to make BBQ beef, but my crockpot isn't big enough to hold 3 roasts! So I had to improvise. I used this recipe for Braised BBQ Beef Sandwiches. Instead of cooking them in the crockpot, I sprinkled the roasts with salt and pepper and browned them in a cast iron skillet. I transferred them to a large covered roasting pan and poured the sauce over, then baked at 350 covered for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. When the meat was fairly cool I shredded it and transferred it to a crockpot with some of the sauce that I had strained. I also used tomato puree instead of whole tomatoes, and used Famous Dave's bbq sauce. They turned out delicious and I got lots of compliments!

I also made homeade cheese crackers with this recipe Cheesy Leaf Crackers, coleslaw with this KFC Coleslaw Recipe, and homemade mac and cheese with this Taste of Home recipe.  Please be advised, this is the BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE EVER. I made a double batch and it was the first thing to go!

This week I'm trying these new recipes:

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I'm going to give this mac and cheese recipe a try very soon--I'm always looking for good mac and cheese recipes! Also, that tuna salad looks great, I'll be making it for lunch this week. And the cranberry scones look lovely too. Thanks for posting these recipes!