Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{what a difference a year makes}

This was Keira's photo from last year at Halloween....just over 6  months old, not talking or walking or tearing our house up! :)

 And here's her picture from last weekend. I can't believe how much she's changed! She dressed up as a Hawkeye cheerleader for Halloween this year; I didn't want her having any wigs or headbands because she would just pull them right off!

The only thing we had to worry about was the pom-pom....and she dutifully carried that around and shook it once in a while ;)

Our party was a success, Adam accused me of going overboard on the decorations but I didn't pay any mind. These scrapping supplies come in handy for something other than scrapping once in a while! (round decoration made with cardstock and my Cricut + Wild Card cartridge, garland made with punches, patterned paper and sewing maching)  We had BBQ beef, coleslaw, potato salad, homemade macaroni and cheese, veggies and dip, cheese crackers and cupcakes. Recipes coming later.....I need to get all the links together first!

Keira even ended the night by giving her little buddy Aidan a kiss.

Because who could resist this?? {possibly the cutest costume EVER}

Anywhoo, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I have been lacking in the blogging department daily, mostly trying to get back into the swing of my daily routine status post the gallbladder removal. I have been out of my groove....not getting up when I should (read: pressing snooze about 18 times), not planning out my weekly meals, eating out too much, being too lazy on the weekends. But this week is a new week! I am planning on applying for a few design teams, so I should be holed up in my scrap room busting out some samples for the next couple weeks. This weekend Adam and I are planning on going shopping after the football game to get Keira a winter coat and eat at a new BBQ restaurant we've been wanting to try together.....and I have been pulling out my recipes to plan next week's menu after going over the grocery ad today. Check out this and this. Totally cool! I printed them out and copied them so one is on each side. Much better than my old system (too small). Thanks to my friend Stephanie for the tip!

For some reason, I was really into making the home decor out of my scrapping supplies this year. This is an 8x10 that I framed with a cheapie black frame (minus the glass) for decoration in our living room. The title is cut out with the Cricut, and adhered on a background of vintage music and book paper that was stitched together.

Ghost sticker and Trick or Treat paper by Reminisce.

I hand trimmed a banner from some Nikki Sivils halloween paper, and stitched it on. A quick little project I can save to put out every year.

I just went through my files and was under the impression that I had pictures of other layouts to post.....but apparently not?! I'll have to get those photographed when I can get some good light.

Until next time.....shamon girl! Yes my sister dressed up as Michael Jackson. Love it!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Glad you're back! I've missed your blog :) I live vicariously through all your craftiness (pretty sure I've misspelled a word in there). I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and taking back the reins.