Sunday, December 5, 2010

{dec daily day 1&2}

Thank goodness for a sunny day out today....I was finally able to get some photos of my dec daily album. For now I am all caught up, and I'm making a conscious effort each day to snap a photo and do some journaling. Hopefully I can stay on top of it. If so it will be a small miracle, as I am somewhat of a procrastinator. Hee. Same reason I never did well in college with on-your-own courses. Oops.

I know I've shown the cover before, but here it is again with the book all put together. It's quite thick! Having a Crop-a-Dile is pretty much a must for this project, as it punches through everything - chipboard included-  and you can punch through multiple sheets of cardstock at a time. (psst. get it at michael's or hobby lobby with a 40% coupon. :)

I love how nothing matches and yet all the patterns come together.

Close up of day 1 cover page. I picked up this cardstock at one of my LSSs awhile back, and I'm not even sure who makes it. It's cream with gold dots.....not intended for but perfect for Christmas. The little cardboard piece came in a K&Co embellishment pack, and the music note paper is by Girl's Paperie. I mounted that on a piece of green cardstock and trimmed around it with pinking shears. '1' chipboard letter is American Crafts.

For day 1, I waited until after supper and snapped a picture of a few of the trees in our house. I added the text in Picasa before sending it to Walgreens to be printed. I did a little journaling about Christmas, and a little about the everyday as well. Although I want this to be a holiday album, I think it's fun to include details about every day life as well.

For this page, I used a Hambly transparency. I love how it looks. If I would have planned better, I think I would have made every number page a transparency, but I was basically just working from my stash. There's always next year! The '2' number tag is by Elle's Studio, mounted on a pink sheet of patterned paper and sewed on with red thread. I also used my Martha snowflake punch to add an accent to the top corner.

Here's the page opened. These photos of Keira were actually taken by my mom a couple of weeks ago, but since there is a part in the story about Keira's coat and hat, I decided to include them. I'm not going to stress about every photo being taken on that day. Geez, I have enough to worry about! hee. example: My sister and I went to a Christmas concert last night, but I'm actually using that as today's story. Because I already have a story for yesterday. it will all be fine in the end. :)

The brown polka dotted paper is by Making Memories, and I printed the journaling out on patterned paper from Hobby Lobby. I go there a lot and get their 8.5x11 patterned paper and vellum (subtle patterns) to print my journaling on. It fits directly into the printer and is thin enough to go through it without a paper jam, unlike some of the thicker cardstock I have.

Hope you've enjoyed a look at my first few pages! Back tomorrow with days 3 & 4.

Also, if you're participating this year, you can link your blog post or Flickr album to Ali's blog.

No comments: