Tuesday, December 7, 2010

{menu plan}

I'm taking a short hiatus from the December Daily to share this week's menu plan for our house. I did finish up days 5 & 6 of the DD last evening.....then I realized that during the week I'm never home during daylight to get good photos. How DEPRESSING! So I took some pics right on my desk, under my Ott Lite. We'll see how those turn out tonight when I go to edit them. Someone should invent a 4 hour work day.

Today I'm expecting our Christmas cards in the mail....so I know what my entry will be for today!

Sunday: Chicken tacos for lunch & three cheese stuffed shells, garlic rolls and salad for supper.
Monday: Park City stew, bread and butter, grapes
Tuesday: Beef and broccoli stir fry (recipe from FN magazine) & brown rice (check out this recipe for an awesome method of baking brown rice - turns out good every time!)
Wednesday: Goulash, cheese & crackers and fruit. I should clarify that this is different from the goulash I like to make. This is Adam's Grandma Gilliam's goulash....hamburger, macaroni....a little tomato sauce and lots of BBQ sauce. I doctor it up with a few extra spices and salt&pepper. Different but pretty good!
Thursday: Turkey club sandwiches, carrot & celery sticks with dip, pineapple/banana/orange fruit salad
Friday: leftovers vs. takeout vs. pizza

Next week I'm going to challenge myself to use up a lot of my pantry food that I already have on hand. I have a big problem with buying a lot more than we need in a week's time! Trying to pare down the grocery bill right now = more $$$ for Christmas gifts. Btw, my sister and I are taking Keira to see Santa this weekend + do some shopping. Should be interesting to see how she reacts to Santa :)

If you haven't checked out Melissa's or Michelle's blog lately....head on over. They are both doing a 12 Days of Christmas feature....and as always they have beautiful projects!

No comments: