Thursday, February 17, 2011

{fun striped tag set}

Hi! Today was my day to share a quick tutorial on the Elle's Studio blog. Originally I had thought of going a couple of different ways, but finally decided on a tag set. I am a little obsessed with making tags right now. They are just so quick and fun, and a great way to use up scraps!

For this tag, I used a fun striped journaling tag for the base. I also used a fun striped circle tag for the middle of the sunburst. Finished off with some stitching and punched butterflies, this makes a bright and fun tag to use on a scrapbook page or card.

To create the sunburst look, I punched out a star and cut the points apart, then glued them to the back of the circle.

For the next tag, I used a manilla tag for my base, layered with a piece of Ledger Love paper. I used another fun striped circle tag, embellished with a computer generated sentiment and punched heart.

I can't seem to leave the machine stitching off either. :)

For this last tag, I used a fun striped tiny tag, punched with a heart punch and backed with a piece of yellow paper. Adding a computer sentiment printed on vintage ledger paper and some machine stitching finish it off.

I adhered this tag to a larger manila tag that was embellished with patterned paper. The butterfly was actually punched from a vintage calendar circle tag.


To package up the tags, I used a small brown paper sack from Michelle Wooderson's Etsy shop. The mini clothespin is also from there too :)  I die cut a butterfly from Elle's Countdown paper, and tucked that under the clothespin along with a tiny tag embellished with a Vintage Note Journaling tag.

Hopefully you've been inspired to make some cute little tags for yourself! Either to share with a fellow papercrafter or adorn a gift, card, or scrapbook page. :)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

i love the font of those #'s!