Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{so glad}

My sister came over this last weekend....she helped make Valentine sugar cookies and we had lunch and talked nearly all afternoon. When I went up to my scraproom to work on a layout, I was inspired to scrapbook about her!

Since she's five years my younger, we haven't always gotten along well. Especially when I was in high school and she was still in grade school.....but the good thing is that as adults, none of that matters. I am so proud of her. She has gone to school and has herself a good job. She and her boyfriend have just bought their first home together. Life is falling into place and it's because of all that hard work she's put forth :)

She is a good aunt to Keira....so good with her and Keira loves to call her on the phone. "Tissen? Tissen?" She will bring my phone to me and we'll call her. It usually ends up with Keira accidentally hanging up :)

It seems like we get together pretty regularly on the weekends now, for lunch or shopping. This coming weekend we're planning on doing lunch together on Saturday -- Rudy's! a Mexican restaurant we both love. I'm glad to have her in my life. It's true, a sister really is like a built-in best friend ;)


Anywhoo, onto my layout in it's entirety.

I created this layout almost entirely of the new Echo Park 'For the Record' line -- for the Pencil Lines design team call. Crossing my fingers! Would love to be a part of that team, so much great inspiration there.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day! Looking forward to this weekend as it's another 3-day one for us federal employees.... :) Plus we're planning on taking Keira to the Children's Museum on Sunday. I think she'll have a blast!

Keep an eye out on the Elle's Studio blog for my first tutorial on Thursday.....


Here's a little sneak!

No comments: