Monday, February 7, 2011

{sweet valentine}

I decided this weekend that I would pay my sweet Gram and Gramps a visit....and bring them a little rosebush that I found while grocery shopping on Saturday. I threw away the original card that was on the pick and replaced it with a heart doily, complete with a Valentine sentiment and Jenni Bowlin butterfly.

Have you checked out Michelle Wooderson's Etsy shop? If not, you have to -- as well as her blog. She is full of creative and beautiful ideas....and also designs for Papertrey Ink. Another of my favorite stamp companies.  I ordered some kraft sacks, mini clothespins, and yo-yo's from her shop last week, and I knew as soon as I received the order I wanted to make a little Valentine for my Grandma. The pouch made from the kraft sack was inspired by Michelle as well.

After I stitched up the sack, I embellished it with a little bit of patterned paper, some Melissa Frances trim, a purple button, twine and little tag.

These yo-yo's are created by Michelle's mom. They are so cute. And anything that is fabric or sewing related so reminds me of my Grandma. She was (and still is) a great seamstress. For many years she did alterations for others out of her home. I inherited her Viking sewing machine and I'm so glad I did! Purchased in the early 80's and still going strong. I know she'll keep this little card on display long past Valentine's day and show it to everyone who stops by her house :)

This is a picture of my grandparents this past  Christmas. Married for over 50 years and going strong! What a blessing.

Thanks for stopping by and happy Monday! Posting my menu plan for the week tomorrow, then the rest of the week I'll be working on my next tutorial for Elle's Studio.

No comments: