Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{this week's menu}

Go check out February's Inspiration Gallery over at Elle's Studio..I can't wait to get home tonight and peruse everyone's projects!

Here's our menu plan for this week:

Saturday: Blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast (This is the best pancake recipe I've found yet. Sub blueberries for strawberries, or leave the fruit out altogether.) Chicken capri pasta for dinner. I found the Philadelphia cooking creme at the grocery store for a good price -- $1.29 per tub after coupon! Overall it was very good, although I did have to add a little lemon juice to tame the garlic and a little half&half to thin out the sauce. Keira ate it right up.

Sunday: Breakfast casserole with hahbrowns, eggs, ham and cheddar cheese for breakfast. For dinner I made honey mustard pork tenderloin and cheesy broccoli and rice casserole. Sorry, no recipe for the casserole, I just made it with what I had on hand! Rice, chicken broth, broccoli and a homemade cheese sauce.

Monday: Out for dinner

Tuesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic rolls

Wednesday: Cuban sandwiches (using leftover pork), carrots with homemade ranch and potato chips.

Thursday: Baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese or chili, cottage cheese and fruit.

Friday: Out for pizza, or cheeseburgers and tater tots

This weekend I'm excited to be going on a weekend long scrapping retreat with some friends....Adam will be tending to the home fires. I'll be stocking up the freezer and cabinets with chicken nuggets, corn dogs, mac and cheese and fruit snacks. Can't wait!

No comments: