Saturday, February 26, 2011

{your first haircut}

The photos I have of Keira's first haircut are too funny. She doesn't look amused. There really wasn't that much to trim up, and I thought she would sit in the booster seat like a little trooper, but there were a lot of tears shed instead! ;) 

To embellish the top of my layout, I layered a Patchwork Circle Journaling Tag on black cardstock and trimmed around it. I tucked this under my main piece of cardstock/patterned paper.

For this little embellishment cluster, I used a Calendar Tiny Tag, a Mix & Match number tag, and a Sweetheart Tiny tag punched into a circle.

For my journaling, I used an Owl Love you Forever Journaling tag.

Layered with a Vintage Note circle journaling tag and die cut butterfly.

I like how the page turned out and I'm glad I have this moment documented! I also got the obligatory lock of hair in a little baggie, but that will have to go in the traditional baby book ;)

As for me, this is a pre-secheduled post, so right now I'm getting ready to leave for a fun filled scrapbooking weekend at a hotel out of town. Many hours of scrapping bliss! Hope you have an enjoyable weekend as well.

2 comments:

tracy said...

I love your layout. Just one question, is the scissor part of which kit or embellish pack? so cute.

Jennifer Chapin said...

It's from the October Afternoon sticker sheet - from the Schoolhouse line I believe? Thanks!