Sunday, February 6, 2011

{you're my sweetheart}

Have you been checking out the posts over at the Elle's Studio blog? This week has been 'Meet our Design Team' week and today my projects are featured! Head on over there to see the whole team's projects, photos, Q&A, and pictures of their scraprooms. AND, comment to win some prizes :) Plus, every order placed this week from the Elle's Studio shop comes with a free gift! Can't beat that!

I decided to do a card and altered container ensemble for my project. I used the Lovely Vintage Valentine circle tags to make a quick card. I also used a Lovely Vintage Valentine journaling tag which I backed with some pink cardstock and trimmed with my pinking shears.

For the top of the container, I used another journaling tag that I punched with a heart punch. I backed it with some red cardstock, then very carefully stitched around the edges with the sewing machine. I used the XOXO sentiment from the 'XOXO Journaling tag stamp' (one of my favorites!!). The pink heart paper is also in Elle's shop.

To embellish my pink envelope, I used another Valentine circle tag and simply adhered it to the flap of the envelope.

I thought some brown bakers twine finished off the projects nicely too! These tags make for super easy Valentine production -- I can see getting some and using them for your kids valentine's too. Maybe on some cute 3"x3" cards.... ;)

Thanks for looking and come back tomorrow for yet another Valentine project...I'm on a roll!

Have a great Sunday.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm new to all of this, and your designs are visually STUNNING! Just beautiful. Would you be able to share the name if the font used in your tags? I'd love to be able to continue the same look on the inside of a card...Thanks so much and congratulations on your appointment to Elle's Studio creative team. I'm in awe of all of you...Just wonderful.

Julie @ CalleLillyCafe said...

super cute! my daughter is decorating a round tin for her cards from class. I'll post photos soon! love your color combos on the other posts too! they just make you smile =)

Gail L said...

Gorgeous project! I'm glad to find someone else who uses as much pink as I do - gotta love having a little girl!!!