Thursday, March 17, 2011

{a few cards on this fine evening}

Today it was 70 degrees. 70. In March. In Iowa. That is much too hot for me this time of year! ;) I love cooler weather, so although I am glad to see the onset of spring, I am not looking forward to summer for sure. Except taking Keira swimming; that's always fun :D

I thought I would share a few cards with you tonight that didn't make the cut for this Paper Crafts call. There's always next time!

This first one was based on one of the provided sketches. I used Crate's new lines, Portrait and Emma's Shoppe, as well as a Stampin' Up stamp and twine.

I made this card for the Halloween section of the call....it's based off an invitation I did last year for a Halloween party we had. I used The Girl's Paperie patterned paper as well as some Glimmer Mist.

This was my favorite of the three cards I submitted, I thought it would get picked for sure! :) I used mostly Crate Paper here as well, and a Stampin' Up stamp plus some machine stitching.

Today I had some time to kill before I headed home from work, so what's a girl to do? Hit up the scrapbook store of course... :)

I saw the new Echo Park Playground line...started grabbing papers off the shelf then realized I should just get the whole darn pack...hehe. I love the colors, they are so bright and fun ;) I also picked up some of the new Pebbles felt clouds.....and of course some Thickers. If I would have had my way I would have got all 15 or 20 new packs they had...but I needed to restrain myself! ;) We're going on a little vacation next week so had better save some $ for that as well.

Picked up new Cosmo Cricket, Little Yellow Bicycle, We R Memory Keepers, Graphic 45, American Crafts and KaiserCraft paper.

Isn't this sheet of vintage images from Crafty Secrets so cute! I know it's not new but I just had to have it. So many cute critters to use on cards and layouts.

That's all for me tonight, my little one is ready to read some stories, rock a little and head to bed.

My favorite time of day :):):)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them both!