Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{more elle's projects!}

Tonight I'm going to share my remaining two March gallery projects with you....on this page I had fun using the large journaling tags....these babies are 4"x6"! Very cool.

I stitched butterflies down the centers and cut them into squares....rounding the corners. Also here is a little date and place strip.

This little piece of tag is the remainder that I cut off one of the others...can't let it go to waste!

I really love these pictures of Keira at the children's museum, she had such a fun time playing with the baby dolls ;)

For my last project, I embellished a little kraft sack to slip a card into. I like to give cards this way if I'm hand delivering them and they're a little bulky. To make this, simply fold a small doily over your closed sack and punch a few holes. Tie with twine, attaching your tag. Here I've used a large circle tag and birthday pennant. Easy!

For the card, I used another birthday pennant, journaling card, and a doily. The patterned paper is by Crate Paper.

I think I'll send this card to someone special on their special day..maybe to a family member with some pictures of Keira tucked inside :) Have to send it in a padded envelope but I don't mind.

This will be it for me for the next 4 or 5 days, Adam and I are headed to Chicago for a weekend getaway...just the two of us. Looking forward to a few days of relaxation and some time together! If you have any restaurant tips for Chi-town or ideas on what we should do, feel free to leave a comment. I'll have internet access while I'm gone. Have a great weekend ;)

4 comments:

meganklauer said...

Adorable! Have a wonderful weekend away!

Little Miss Crafty said...

lovin' your blog as always, just to let you know that i have posted about our swap on my blog, i know its a little late but my post will explain :)

juliet

Rebecca Denhollander said...

I'm a new folower, but just wanted to say, I love your work. Its beautiful. I'll be coming back often :-)
www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

Candace Lawlor said...

Jennifer, I'm so glad you were featured at SNR this week - I've been browsing through your blog for an hour now - really, everything you create is amazing! And that's a beautiful little girl you have :-)