Sunday, March 6, 2011

{photo inspiration}

Today I thought I would play along with Melissa's photo inspiration challenge.

{photo credit: A Creative Mint}

The color scheme is, of course, beautiful, but my love for butterflies right now came through also ;)

I used woodgrain patterned paper from American Crafts, stitched around the edges and splattered with white paint.

Some Scenic Route graph paper and my trusty Stampin' Up butterfly Big Shot die, layered on a Maya Road doily. 

I used a birthday pennant from Elle's Studio for the greeting, adorned with a Basic Grey brad. The pale yellow patterned paper is the reverse side of the woodgrain.

Thank you Melissa, for a great starting point to make a cute birthday card :)

If you want to play along, link up your creation in the comment section of this post.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sooooo very sweet. I am crazy for your splattering of paint and the woodgrain. Amazing!
Thank you for sharing.
Melis

Moonegirl said...

I love how it looks as though you found each of your items in a box of Grandmother's treasures. Very unusual style-what a great find! Very inspiring!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Love your card for the challenge! I love how you used the woodgrain, the layers and paint splatters. Such a pretty, unique card!