Friday, April 8, 2011

{keeping it real.}

Real messy.

Raise your hand if your desk looks like this after completing a project.

Mememememememe! And I absolutely have to clean it up before I start anything new or before I quit for the day....kind of like I can't start cooking dinner if there are dishes in the sink. Hehe.

Anyway, this project I worked on has to be one of my favorites to date....out of my box because it's not a scrapbook page.

All I can show you is a little sneak for now :)

But I will have another layout for you tomorrow....working on the Crate Paper color challenge for this month.

In other news, I got two submission requests today for publication, one scrapbook page and a card! Yaaaaay! I can't even tell you how happy I am...I've been trying for a long time to be published in print. I swear to God I am going to frame those pages and hang them in my living room. Ok, maybe not, but I will hang them in my scraproom ;)

I know for those of you who've been published time and time again it's probably old hat for you by now...but this is like surreal for me. Maybe the next time I won't be so hyped up about it :D Someone has to be hyped up around here, because Adam sure isn't.....hehe.

My baby is going to be two  in a month. Where does the time go? I am not one of those to be sad about her growing up though...I love it. Love seeing her develop and learn new things...too soon she'll be starting preschool, then kindergarten and I am excited for her because I know she'll have so much fun and do great.

Right now I'm busy planning a Dora extravaganza for her birthday party...she'll be so excited to see those balloons and decorations ;) Tomorrow we're going shopping for her birthday presents....a tricycle as well as some other toys. Her daddy can't resist once he gets into the store and starts picking things out, it's all downhill from there!

First things first though, an egg hunt bright and early tomorrow morning. Good night!

4 comments:

meganklauer said...

Raisin my hand for the messy desk! :0)
Congrats on the 2 pubs! That's a HUGE deal!!!
The hubby's never understand.

Wendy Rasbach said...

Getting published is major! Congratulations! It's one of my dreams too, but hasn't happened yet. One of these days...

I'm too compulsive to have my scrap desk look like that. I have to clean as I go along...and then get things back out that I need again! Hee!

P.S. I'm not a scary creeper person. I followed your like from the Sassafras Lass blog. :)

Jenn Borjeson said...

She is adorable - and yes, my hand was raised for the messy desk. One thing that always makes me laugh is that no matter how big my table is, I always seem to have "stuff" spread out in every single spot, and find myself actually working in a little teeny tiny 6-inch area... hee hee

Gail L said...

Congrats on your pubs! You have a right to be so excited! And I just want to say that my desk looks similar at the moment . . . covered in Elle's goodies! LOL!