Saturday, May 21, 2011

{may theme assignment for gcd studios}

Good morning! Today I'm sharing my first assignment for GCD Studios with you - a Mother's Day inspired layout. Our theme assignment for May was 'Mother's Day', and instead of creating a layout about my own mother, I decided to do one about myself and becoming a mother.

On this layout, I used a combination of Animal Crackers for boys and Animal Crackers for girls. Isn't that crepe ribbon just awesome? It's from the Fun House line and comes with a bunch of other fun trims as well.

I used my sewing machine for a little extra something under the title.

I finished the layout by adding some punched scallop borders and a few splatters of white paint. One of our assignments for this layout as well was to really keep it simple and keep the purpose of our layout in mind. I just used a few simple embellishments and I really love the feel and colors of it and how it turned out.

Check out the GCD blog to see the other DT member's projects - they are fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by! More fun things coming from GCD once we get into the swing of things and start sharing our monthly blog posts :) Have a great rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I love the crepe paper board - it's very "happy" looking :)