Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{polkadot door blog hop - part 2!}

Hi there! It's time again for another blog hop at the Polkadot Door - and another beautiful photo inspiration challenge! At first glance of this photo, I really thought I wanted to pull the birds nest element into my project, but as I sat down to scrap, I actually ended up going with the 'Mr. & Mrs.' theme. Here's my take:

I ended up pulling a few photos out of our wedding album - I figured they were just sitting there, collecting dust, might as well use them on a page! I recently got the new Cosmo Cricket 'Odds & Ends' line in the mail and wanted to incorporate that too.

Inspired by the book print in the inspiration photo, I used some vintage sheet music on my layout, along with a heart punch for some interest.

I also pulled in a Kaisercraft flower and some embellishments from the Crate Paper 'Portrait' line.

The bottom of the page was missing something, so I added a heart punch and a twine bow.

That's it for me! Next stop on the hop is Valerie's blog, but if you've gotten mixed up on the order, here it is:

Marivic
Jennifer
Valerie
Amanda
Diana
Sabrina
Nicole B.
Jennifer G.
Polkadot Door Designs

Be sure to leave a comment on each blog to be entered for the prize! Good luck!

15 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Great layout! I love the punched hearts!

DeeDee said...

This is so wonderfully vintage - maybe it's the color combo, but very striking! Love it =)

Diana Fisher said...

Love all the hearts and sheet music on this! Fabulous!! :)

jennifer said...

Such a pretty layout, it goes beautifully with the lovely wedding pics. I especially like the 3D music paper hearts, they are subtle but so effective. x

Valerie said...

Love your layering, Jennifer and how you used the vintage music pages!

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

I love your LO!! Very pretty!

Lisa Amiet said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the music paper and hearts!

Amanda Profumo said...

Stunning layout! I love all the papers you used and your wedding photos are gorgeous! I love your dress! ;)

Rebecca Denhollander said...

Thank-you for joining us this month at the Polkadot Door! Once again, your project is stunning. I love the page and all the element you brought together.

Susie said...

very prettly layout! love all the elements!

Nicolle Kramer said...

Beautiful LO! Love what you did with the music note paper..:)

Sabr said...

just gorgeous! love the music paper and the color scheme!

silvia said...

Beautiful page!! LOVE the music covered hearts!

Faye Marie said...

I love the hearts and the tie on that heart is the perfect touch!

Sherry843 said...

Very beautiful!!