Monday, September 5, 2011

{happy labor day!}

I'm sure people thought I was a fool standing out in the street today snapping pictures of my house....but I've had a scrapbook page in my head for awhile now and today was the perfect day to get some pics :)

We are moving this fall, and as much as I am looking forward to a lot more space, I will miss this house...the first house we purchased together and made a home, Keira's first home and the first place I really felt at home and looked forward to coming home to each and every night.

It's not huge or fancy but it's all ours and the first investment we made together as a couple. I only hope the housing market will be kind to us and we'll be able to find someone else who will love it as much as we have.

Anyway - I put my flag out front with pride today, then I realized I don't really know what the meaning of Labor Day is!
Courtesy the U.S. Department of Labor
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
 Today we are celebrating with family and friends by hosting a cookout at our house. And I will be celebrating by being thankful for Adam and I's jobs. :)

Since I can't leave you without something crafty (ok I seriously just typed 'crappy' instead of crafty - wth?!), here are a few sneaks of projects I'm working on for The Scrapbooking Studio.



Lots of Halloween and I am loving it! Working on a mini album next.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: