Monday, May 21, 2012

{watercolor inspiration}

Watercolor dots is my inspiration for today's layout (source for above photo). I decided to get out my mists and get a little artsy!

I started out with a large piece of neutral cardstock. To get the watercolor look, I poured out a little mist then used a paintbrush and a dish of water to paint dots on the background. I used blue and yellow, but by the time I was done more of them were green ;)

I used patterned papers from the Oh Happy Day collection for this layout. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you'll try this fun technique soon.

Jennifer Chapin 2012 GCD Studios DT, Jennifer Chapin 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

2 comments:

WillieburgScrapper said...

Beautiful layout!!! Gorgeous color, great design and I love the photo. I've been experimenting with water color dots too- I used magenta and yellow and ended up with orange dots and have absolutely fallen in love with the effect. Congrats on the lil one turning 3- she's a cutie! You and I are on the same boat- I've been putting off the potty training but it's time- at least I know I won't be all alone. :)

Shelley Haganman said...

SO SO Sweet!!!!