Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{i hope you always shine - scrapbook circle}

Hi there! Jennifer here with my first post for Scrapbook Circle. This month's kit - True Stories - was awesome to work with! Bright colors, my favorite. For this layout, I really focused on the Studio Calico Take Note patterned paper for my background.

I used my X-Acto knife to hand cut some of the "rays" out of the patterned paper. I backed them with different colors of cardstock and used some machine stitching to embellish.

The American Crafts and Elle's Studio embellishments in the kit this month are awesome. The perfect accent for my page.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll try this technique out.

3 comments:

The Sonboul's said...

Oh Jen girl! You are so darn talented and I LOVE THIS LAYOUT SO MUCH!!!!!!
Hey good luck with the baby and breathe. You can do it! PUSH...PUSH...PUSH!!!

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE this! Love how you cut out the rays--AWESOME job!

Shelley Haganman said...

Such a lovely layout! Really loving that photo!