Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{get healthy}

My friend and fellow scrapper Megan Klauer has recently ventured into the world of printables! I was happy to work with one of her new releases to document my journey to fitness this year :) You can visit her Etsy shop here!

I also used some flair from A Flair for Buttons on this page. Be sure you check out the shop because Shelley has just added a TON of new flair, a lot that coordinates with the new Project life kits. It is seriously awesome stuff!!!




This year I have really made a commitment to being healthier. Now that I am done having kids I don't have an excuse anymore. I am tired of that 10 pounds creeping on every year.....I just can't keep doing that to myself.  One of the things that has helped me immensely is that Adam is making that same commitment, so we aren't enabling each other. I have been tracking my calories with My Fitness Pal and using the elliptical for 30 minutes a day. Last night I even did 45 minutes! I was shocked at how easy it was after just 3 weeks of doing this.

I have also committed to run a 5K in June. I think I can be ready in 4 months. I am surprised at how much I love exercising. Shocking for a person who said the only reason they would run is if someone were chasing them :)

4 comments:

marylouh said...

Wondering when you would be posting the winner for the Carta Bella blog hop. thanks. txmlhl@yahoo.com

Court said...

Awesome layout! I love all the detail!

Diana Waite said...

GORGEOUS job Jen and GOOD for you for a commitment you can do with your hubby--YOU can do it!!

Jennie Hart said...

Hi, I found you from Shimelle.com who featured Megan Klauer and she featured you. I just wanted to say I am on the same journey and I wanted to wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes well. From another Jen.