Tuesday, April 8, 2014

{make your own enamel dots with perler beads}

Hello hello! Today I am sharing a little tutorial on how to make your own enamel dots - with perler beads. You might remember these from your childhood if you're like me, placing them carefully on the little plates with a pair of tweezers then ironing them to bond together. I raided my daughter's craft basket for these goodies. You can pick them up at most craft supply stores.

 You will also need a sheet tray and parchment paper.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper (don't use waxed paper). Place the beads carefully upright on the tray. I found a pair of tweezers worked best.

Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.

When they are done they will look like this! Super cute right?

 I used the April kits at Citrus Twist to create this layout featuring my enamel dots, as well as some from the add-on kit. They are just the perfect embellishment for pages!


I think they add a great touch. I hope you'll try this technique today, it's super fun! Thanks for stopping by.




11 comments:

sigrid said...

Great idea. I have a lot from my children. Actually I know what to do with them :o)
Thank you for sharing.
x Sigrid

Rhonda said...

VERY clever!! Thanks for sharing.

Cody Doll said...

What a cute idea!! I am so in love and now I am going to have to try this.

Suzanne Bier said...

How are the fumes when you make these with the perler beads? I've heard that the plastic fumes are bad when pony beads are used. Thanks!

Jean Bullock said...

Too bad my oven doesn't work. I would love to try this.

Sherry Eckblad said...

They look fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial Jen!

Sherri Thompson said...

These are adorable. What a brilliant idea!

Cosetta said...

wow! Nice Idea:-) tks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I cut mine in half and got smaller dots!

Cindy Dy said...


I enjoy most of your articles,the articles are so nice for readers.

Nersha
www.gofastek.com

Andrea lopez ruiz said...

Woww! Thans for the súper nice idea💞 I will try it🙈