Friday, June 27, 2014

Glitz Design - making a vellum sequin pocket

Hello and happy Friday! Today I'm sharing my take on Sparkle & Shine and showcasing some embellishments. For this layout, I actually made the entire page a vellum pocket with sequins inside! It is really easy to do. First pick out your background patterned paper or cardstock. You'll want to adhere a piece of vellum over top, making sure to only adhere it where it will be hidden behind your photos and embellishments.

Stitch two sides of each of the top and bottom shut and add your sequins or other embellishments. Stitch the remaining side closed. Afterwards, you can shake the layout around to evenly distribute the sequins.

After I added my elements across the page, I thought a scripty black title would look great on this page so I cut one out with my Silhouette.

On this part of the layout I decided to create a cluster of Glitz embellishments. I used stickers, puffy stickers, rhinestones and a few enamel dots along with some of the fabulous Glitz glitter washi.

I hope you will try this technique soon! It's quite simple but adds such a unique look to your page. Have a great weekend!

"Play" layout supplies:
Glitz Design "Felicity" papers - Bits & Pieces
Glitz Design "Felicity" pink glitter washi tape
Glitz Design "Felicity" 12x12 Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Brightside" papers - Bits & Pieces, Chunky Chevron
Glitz Design "Brightside" 12x12 Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Black & White" Puffy Stickers
Glitz Design "Black & White" striped washi
Other: Vellum, cardstock, Silhouette, sewing machine, sequins

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Simply genius and beautiful!!!

DBMM said...

gorgeous!