Friday, August 8, 2014

Sparkle & Shine with Glitz Design

Hi friends! Today I am sharing a "sparkle and shine" project with you - one where we highlight Glitz's awesome embellishments. I chose to feature the new glitter washi tape today. It is really fabulous. You should definitely get some if you haven't seen it yet! It's a very fine glitter that is embedded in the tape and doesn't flake off at all.

 I started out by using both colors of tape to cover a piece of white cardstock. Make sure to line up the tapes edge to edge so you don't see any white showing through.

Use a punch to punch shapes out of the glitter cardstock. Funny story - originally I was going to just use the stars on my layout, but once I saw how great the negative space looked I decided to use that too!

As you can see I backed the negative spaces with some patterned paper from the 6x6 pads.

I love using my typewriter for my journaling and cutting out the strips to add to my layout. Also -- the Friday washi was perfect for this layout because it actually happened on a Friday! I love when that happens.

And that's it for today! Hopefully you will try this technique out soon! It works with any type of washi. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend :)

Here We Go layout supplies:

Glitz Design "Brightside" papers - Chunky Chevron, 6x6 paper pad
Glitz Design "Brightside" 12x12 Alphas and Accents Sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Brightside" Pink Glitter and Silver Glitter Washi
Glitz Design "77" paper - Stripe
Glitz Design "77" - Friday Washi



No comments: