Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Elle's Studio Sycamore Lane Blog Hop!

Hello and welcome to the Elle's Studio inspiration blog hop! Today we are sharing projects created with the Sycamore Lane collection. This collection is perfect for Fall scrapping and I have already used it on so many projects!

I was inspired by Nicole Reaves' project in the latest Studio Calico gallery here. I loved how she used the die cut leaves and created a pattern on her background. I used the leaf cut from the Sycamore Lane digital cut file and created a recurring pattern on white cardstock.

I backed my leaf die cut sheet on another sheet of white cardstock. Then, I used my watercolors to color the leaves in a variation of fall colors. I adhered the leaves back to the negative spots and machine sewed over them.

I am also loving the Numbers Stamp outlines and am having fun water-coloring those as well. The 'fall' diecut is my own handwriting, traced and cut in Silhouette Studio.

I also couldn't resist using some of the Sycamore Lane cork shapes on my page. I just love how this turned out!

Here's a little sneak peek of what's coming this month.

The next Elle's Studio monthly kit launch is November 10th at 8:00 am PST and above is just a tiny peek at what will be available! Mark your calendars now so you don't miss the exclusive November kit, four add-ons, printable & cut files!

Leave a comment here to be entered to win a $15 Elle's Studio gift certificate! Check back on November 7th to see if you are the winner! And, don't forget to check out the rest of the stops on our hop - you can leave a comment at each stop to be entered to win!

Elle's Studio
Becki Adams
Daniela Dobson
Jennifer Chapin - you are here!
Juliana Michaels
Kay Rogers
Melissa Mann
Meghann Andrew
Patricia Roebuck
Valerie Bishop
WaiSam Ho
Yuki Shimada

24 comments:

Brianna Lynn said...

Oh this is just gorgeous!

Heather Adams said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Those leaves are totally amazing and I LOVE seeing other people diecut their handwriting! I think it's so awesome! I love doing that too. ;) This Sycamore Lane line is super pretty!

Funky Finds said...

wow...what an impact that background makes...love it! jessica(at)funkyfinds(dot)com

Sprinkled Owl said...

i love this ombre look

cherrytree said...

Love the repeated leaves. Very insoiring

Maddie said...

I love the colored leaf background! So clever!

Heather said...

Love those ombre leaves, what an adorable layout!

Cassie Box said...

This is the most amazing layout! I love every bit of it. <3 <3 <3

Erin said...

All these fall layouts are so amazing. I love this technique. I want to steal it right now!!

Michelle Tercha said...

Very pretty. The stitched leaves are amazing and so pretty. Very inspiring. Michelle t

crschaf said...

Oh my-love those leaves1

butterfly843 said...

Love the leaves and stitching!

justasiam said...

The colouring on the leaves is just beautiful!

justasiam said...

The colouring on the leaves is just beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! Love all the leaves and the stitching!

truetome1970 said...

I love this layout!!!

Janet said...

Wow!!! I love your layout!!!

{VICKI} said...

Pretty!

love all the colors

cma21317 said...

OMG love love LOVE the stitching excellent idea!

Anna M said...

Beautiful...love the colors

Valerie Bishop said...

So lovely!

Da Lis said...

This is gorgeous

Cynthia B. said...

The watercolor leaves make a gorgeous background!!

Jennifer Chapin said...

Heather you are the winner! Can you email me at chapinjennifer at yahoo . com ? Thx!