Monday, January 5, 2015

New Issue at Paper Issues - Popping the Cork with Elle's Studio

It's time for another issue at Paper Issues! This week, we are popping the cork with Elle's Studio. I have been working with Elle since 2010 and I just adore her products! In honor of the new year, we are showcasing projects made with the new Hello 2015 collection. Today I'm sharing my 2015 PL title page.

I printed off 4 photos of our family in 3x4 with white borders and added these to the center row of pockets. I pulled cards from the Hello 2015 collection along with Sycamore lane, as well as using my typewriter, stamps and cork embellishments. I love the way it turned out and it's so bright and colorful!

 I used the 2015 cork days on one card. This year I am planning on doing my PL in 12x12 format, however I still do like to use the 6x8 albums on occasion. To satisfy that need, my plan is to keep separate smaller albums for specific themes. I have this idea that I am going to do a 6x8 album of PL just for me, sort of like  a journal. So we will see how that turns out!

Overall, I am going to keep my PL low stress. I don't get concerned with whether I am "caught up" and I don't do spreads dedicated to just one week or one month. I scrapbook as I am inspired, which leaves me with a hodgepodge of weeks at the end of the year, but that's ok!

One thing I would like to try to do is print photos ahead. Currently I print at home, on demand, but it would be nice to have a pile of photos ready so that I don't have to worry about that step when I sit down to scrapbook. Another plan of mine is to somehow organize all my PL cards and kits.....I haven't even started this yet, but I am thinking about it a lot!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - be sure to link up your own New Year's or PL project over at Paper Issues...you could win an Elle's Studio prize pack!

2 comments:

That Becky Girl said...

The So Awesome card is my favorite.

Tracey said...

What a beautiful page!