Thursday, March 19, 2015

Watercoloring with Crate Paper Craft Market

Hello friends! Jen Chapin here today and I am sharing a card with you using some water coloring and the new Craft Market collection. I chose this neutral outline patterned paper as it just begs to be water colored. I gathered my supplies, just a water color palette I picked up from the craft store and a water brush.

I worked through the pattern, adding colors as I went. I chose green for the leaves, then yellow, pink and blue for the florals.

Afterwards, I let the paper dry completely before adhering it to the card base.

I gathered a few bits and pieces of ephemera, tags and one of the chipboard hoops from the collection to decorate my card.

I knew I wanted to add lots of texture and dimension, so I used some foam adhesive squares on the wood hoop as well as the embellishment inside the hoop. And here's a fun fact - that twine that you see in the background actually belonged to my great grandmother. I love to use it on projects as it gives a great vintage feel.

Here is the finished card! As you can see, I have also added some machine stitching, as well as a vintage stick pin and some stickers from the collection. I love the way it turned out, so bright and colorful.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you get your hands on this collection soon - the colors and patterns are just fabulous. It is vintage with a modern twist. Word on the street is that it is finally  making it's way to stores! If you make a project please link us up in the comments so we can check it out. Have a great day!


1 comment:

Michelle Tercha said...

Pretty card. I think that's awesome you use your great-grandmother's twine, and other vintage things. Must be a wonderful feeling. And your watercolors are pretty too. Michelle t