Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fun in the Sun with Crate Paper

"This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Jennifer Chapin. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own."

Hello and welcome to Fun in the Sun week on the Crate Paper blog! This week the DT will be sharing some great summer themed projects with you to inspire your summer crafting.

Hello! Today I am sharing a sweet summer layout with you all about sweet treats -- my kids love s'mores during the summertime. To make it easy, a lot of times we will fire up the grill and make them on there! Just as good and way easier than starting a fire :) For this layout, I used the Poolside collection. I just can't get enough of it for my layouts this time of year!

I started with a white background and a few different colors of patterned paper. I layered them on, then adhered and stitched into place.

I used tags, dimensional embellishments and chipboard to finish off the layout, as well as one of the gold sequin embellishments.

Here's a neat tip - fold over one of the corners of your patterned paper and staple into place. You'll be left with a dimensional fold-over that really makes an impact! It's great too that you can see the other side of the paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by today -- I hope you are having a great summer!

1 comment:

Michelle Tercha said...

Very cool tip. I like the rolled over (sort of...hard to describe) corner. Fun layout, definitely summer. I love Poolside, too, great collection. Your photos are cute. Clever layout, thanks for sharing it. Michelle t