Friday, October 2, 2015

Crate Paper After Dark Halloween Layout

"This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Jennifer Chapin. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own."
Hello and welcome to the blog today! I have been having so much fun creating projects with the After Dark collection from Crate Paper, and today I am going to share a simple layout with you using it.

I started out with a sheet of dark grey cardstock, then cut some patterned paper from the collection. After placing the patterns where I wanted them, started to embellish. For the top left piece, I used my circle punch to make some circles of complementary patterned paper, then adhered and stitched these to the paper. I also added some sequins and enamel dots from the collection.

I added my photo to the black and white pattern as this was a bolder one, and just wanted a bit of it peeking out. I also used some mist to make droplets on the cardstock. Just a tip - when using darker cardstock, you want to use mist that is more opaque. For this project, I used black, white and gold which I thought went well with the color scheme of the page.

To finish off the layout, I printed my journaling then cut into strips. I added a few pieces from the chipboard and ephemera pack, as well as a bit of washi from my stash. This is such a simple design that you can adapt to any layout or project - just switch out the theme and photos if you wish!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you are in the Halloween spirit!

-Jen

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

oh my CUTENESS!!