Monday, October 5, 2015

Crate Paper Under 30 Minutes

"This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Jennifer Chapin. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own."
Hello! This week we are sharing projects on the Crate Paper blog created in under 30 minutes. Today I am sharing this quick layout I made with the new Shine collection by Maggie Holmes. I just love this collection and can't wait to use it more! For the layout, I started with a piece of patterned paper- the yellow ombre effect is just fantastic. I used a 3x4 photo as well as one of the calendar cards cut from patterned paper.

For the title, I used the acetate "Love" piece from the ephemera pack. I also added a tag, sticker and some wood veneer. To minimize the look of adhesive under the acetate title, I just added a bit of adhesive roller, then stitched the title in place. The look is nice and you get the added bonus of ensuring your embellishment sticks!

To add the date that the photo was taken, I used a highlighter to color in the date. I added a bit of washi to the top of this piece then some stitching. The ruler is from the 6x6 paper pad; I thought it added some nice visual interest to the center of the layout.

To finish off the page, I added a few more bits of wood veneer as well as an acetate clip from the ephemera pack. Such a great touch and the perfect sentiment for a coffee drink!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you have a great week!

-Jen

No comments: