Monday, November 2, 2015

Crate Paper Tips & Tricks

"This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Jennifer Chapin. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own."
Hi there! Today on the blog, I am sharing some tips on how to create a layout without patterned paper. Yep, you heard that right. NO patterned paper. Sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself and step outside the box a little!

The Crate Paper Shine collection has fabulous embellishments, so I thought this would be the perfect collection to use for this challenge. I had this photo of my daughter in the pool and wanted to make a layout about how she just learned to swim.

 I started by placing my title on the layout. Quick tip- when adhering a title, use a ruler to stick the letters to, then lay the ruler on the page to find out where you'd like to put your title before sticking it down. After the title was in place, I added my photo and started embellishing.

I chose embellishments from the wood veneer pack, ephemera pack, sticker sheet and chipboard sheet and arranged them in the area above my photo. I tried to fill in the white space, while still creating a balanced look and not making the page too cluttered.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!


No comments: